Colt Whittall serves as Chief Experience Officer (CXO) of the United States Air Force, the first such position in the Department of Defense and one of only a few in the Federal Government. This role was created to focus on improving the User Experience of Information Technology in the Air Force. Mr. Whittall’s responsibilities include advising senior leaders of the Air Force with respect to User Experience, defining the overall approach to transforming User Experience, guiding cross-organizational teams working to improve User Experience, developing capabilities to manage and continuously improve User Experience, guide development of User Experience skillsets, tools and resources to support the above initiatives, and advise Acquisitions with regard to User Experience.
Previously Mr. Whittall served as Vice President in the healthcare and federal practices at Isobar, a consulting firm focused on digital experience design and development. In this capacity Mr. Whittall advised senior executives of client organizations with respect to digital strategy, digital experience design, digital product design and management, and software development. He also served as a senior subject matter expert in several areas including digital strategy, change leadership, digital health and wellness, and integrating behavioral economics into experience design. Within Isobar he played a senior role in recruiting and professional development, creating new products and services, and business development.
Mr. Whittall is also an angel investor and member of Atlanta Technology Angels. He is an advisor to startups and university programs in User Experience and Digital Marketing. He is also an avid conservationist and leads the Milton Greenspace Advisory Committee in Milton, Georgia which has acquired hundreds of acres of land in the city for permanent conservation and walking paths. Mr. Whittall holds an MBA and an MS in Telecommunications (Colorado) and is a Certified Customer Experience Professional (CCXP).
1991 BA Economics, University of Colorado at Boulder 1994 MS Telecommunications, University of Colorado at Boulder
1994 MBA Finance, University of Colorado at Boulder
1. June to August 1991, 1992 and 1993, Intern / Policy Analyst, AT&T Government Affairs
2. June 1994 to August 1994, Intern / Policy Analyst, Federal Communications Commission
3. August 1994 to May 1995, Consultant II, Deloitte & Touche Consulting Group (Currently Deloitte)
4. June 1995 to May 1998, Senior Consultant, Deloitte & Touche Management Consulting (Currently Deloitte)
5. June 1998 to May 2000, Manager, Deloitte & Touche Management Consulting (Currently Deloitte)
6. June 2000 to May 2001, Manager, Roundarch (Currently Isobar)
7. June 2001 to December 2005, Engagement Director, Roundarch (Currently Isobar)
8. January 2006 to July 2018, Vice President (Equity Partner), Isobar (formerly Roundarch and Roundarch Isobar)
9. October 2018 to Present, Founder & President, Endless Wave Capital LLC
10. June 2019 to Present, HQE and Chief Experience Officer, US Air Force, SAF/CN
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ASSOCIATIONS
Atlanta Technology Angels
Georgia Tech HCI Masters Program, Board of Advisors
University of North Georgia Digital Marketing Program, Board of Advisors
Eletype, Board of Advisors
Atlanta Council on International Relations