Wanda Jones-Heath is the Chief Information Security Officer, Office of Information Deputy Chief Information Officer, Office of the Security of the Air Force, the Pentagon, Arlington, Virginia. She leads a division comprised of military, civilian and contractor personnel responsible for developing Air Force Cybersecurity policy and strategy for more than 5,000 Air Force Information Technology systems. She also manages the Air Force’s transition to the Risk Management Framework and provides oversight for the Freedom of Information Act and Privacy Act laws. Ms. Jones-Heath manages oversight for the protect portfolio including operating system lifecycle management and capabilities for the Comply to Connect program. She delivers cryptographic modernization across the Air Force, implementing the enterprise-wide cross domain solution and cryptographic information technology standards.
Ms. Jones-Heath graduated from the University of South Carolina in 1990 with a degree in Computer Science. She began her Civil Service career as a Palace Acquire Intern as an Information Systems Specialist in various functional areas. She moved to Headquarters Air Combat Command, Langley Air Force Base, Virginia, in 1993. There she held positions responsible for policy and guidance for security and network systems. Prior to arriving at the Headquarters Air Force staff, Ms. Jones-Heath was the Program Manager, Defense Information Systems Agency. Ms. Jones-Heath led the effort to establish a DoD Mobile capability to include infrastructure. Her joint experience includes working in various positions at Ramstein Air Base, Germany.
1990 Bachelor of Science degree, Computer Science, University of South Carolina, Columbia
1994 Master of Science, Management, Troy University
2001 Executive Leadership and Development Program
2004 Master of Science in National Resource Strategy, Industrial College of the Armed Forces 2006 Defense Leadership and Management Program
2007 Center for Creative Leadership
2008 Chief of Staff Air Force Fellows
2008 Acquisition Leadership Challenge Program-II, Office of Personnel Management
2008 Enterprise Leadership Seminar, Kenan-Flagler, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
2008 Air Force Civilian Strategic Leadership Program
2009 Harvard Senior Executive Fellows, Kennedy School of Government
2009 Program for Executives in Logistics & Technology, Kenan-Flagler, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
2010 Air Force Smart Operations for the 21st Century Senior Leadership Course
2011 Capitol Hill Workshop
2014 Critical Infrastructure Protection
2015 Cyberspace Strategy and Policy
2016 Cyber Intelligence
2017 International Perspectives in Cyberspace
1. May 1990 - July 1993, Information Systems Management Specialist (Palace Acquire), Robins Air Force Base, Ga.
2. July 1993 - December 1994, Computer Security Manager, Headquarters Air Combat Command, Langley AFB, Va.
3. December 1994 - January 1996, Network Program Manager, Headquarters ACC, Langley AFB, Va.
4. January 1996 - January 1999, Chief, Theater Systems, United States Air Forces Europe, Ramstein Air Base, Germany
5. January 1999 - May 2000, Chief, Integration and Testing, USAFE, Ramstein AB, Germany
6. May 2000 - September 2001, Deputy Commander, 11th Communications Squadron, Bolling AFB, Washington, D.C.
7. September 2001- August 2003, Chief, Enterprise Division, Air Force Chief Information Office, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
8. August 2003 - June 2004, Student, Industrial College of the Armed Forces, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington, D.C.
9. June 2004 - May 2007, Director of Staff, 96th Air Base Wing, Eglin AFB, Fla.
10. May 2007 - May 2010, Director, Analyses, Assessment, & Lessons Learned, Air Force District of Washington, Andrews AFB, Md.
11. May 2010 - May 2012, Director, Net-Centric Operations, Office of Information Dominance and Chief Information Officer, Office of the Secretary of the Air Force, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
12. May 2012 - May 2014, Program Manager for Mobility, Defense Information Systems Agency, Fort George G. Meade, Md.
13. May 2014 – June 2018, Deputy Chief Information Security Officer/Chief, Cybersecurity Division, Office of Information Dominance and Chief Information Officer, Office of the Secretary of the Air Force, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
14. June 2018 - March 2019, Acting Chief Information Security Officer, Deputy Chief Information Officer, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
15. March 2019 - present, Chief Information Security Officer, Deputy Chief Information Officer, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
FedScoop: Best Bosses in Fed Information Technology
National Diversity Council: Top 50 Women in Technology
Air Force Association General George C. Kenny Award for Lessons Learned
Air Force Meritorious and Exemplary Civilian Service Awards
E-Government Trailblazer Award
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND AFFILIATIONS
Certified Information Systems Management
Air Force Communications and Electronics Association
Air Force Board for Corrections of Military Records
Presidential Management Fellows Program Assessor
Program Management, Level I, Acquisition Professional Development Program
Chief Information Officer
(Current as of July 2019)